A healthy alternative to pizza
Lets face it, everyone loves a good pizza and sometimes it is the only thing that will satisfy your cravings.
But it doesn't have to be a greasy Dominos. This pizza recipe is inspired by Hemsley & Hemsley and replaces white flour with cauliflower and chickpea flour.
- 300 g cauliflower
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 g ground almonds
- 150 g buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Grate the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces using a hand grater or food processor.
2. Put all of the pizza base ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a spoon, or add to the food processor and blend, to form a sticky dough.
3. Spread the dough out with the back of the spoon on the prepared tray, shaping it into a 30 cm-diameter.
4. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping it over after 15 minutes to cook the underside.
5. Choose your pizza toppings. I used a tomato sauce base, tuna, anchovies, capers and some grated cheese.
6. Serve the pizza with a big green salad.