As the cold weather sets in most of us tend to avoid regular salads and indulge in heavy ( and more calorific) foods.
This is a great example of a healthy, low carb, high protein, warm salad that is so easy to make. I always use a base of puy lentils and then add any veg that I have in the fridge.
- 250g cooked puy lentils (just boil for 25 mins)
- 1 courgette, cut into 0.5cm rings
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 small bunch of cavallo nero kale, chopped
- 1 can yellow-fun tuna in olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Olive oil
- Grill the courgettes with a drizzle of olive oil
- Steam the broccoli florets
- Pan fry the sliced mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil for 6 minutes.
- Add the kale to the pan and sauté for a few minutes
- Add the crushed garlic, courgette and broccoli when done.
- Mix in the tuna (or any other protein like poached chicken).